Monday, November 7, 2011

Observation for November 3, 2011

Today I saw an insect larva down along the dirt in the bottom of my aquarium. There were many little creatures swimming around. Somehow another food pellet was added and I asked Dr. McFarland why mine had 2 and he was unsure who placed it in there? I saw that the number of flatworms have increased to 4. There are also desmids appearing throughout my microaquarium.

Above is a picture of the insect larva that I found near the bottom and the dirt in my aquarium.

I did have an accident today. I went to add a little more water to my aquarium and accidentally picked up a bottle that looked very similar to the water bottles but instead it had 70% methanol in it. As soon as I realized what I had done then I sucked as much out that i could with a pipet and tried to pour a little more out trying to prevent killing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment