Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Damage Assessment" Observation for November 11, 2011

After my methanol accident I observed that there were a few more desmids throughout my aquarium and that the flat worms were still alive. The most noticeable change was that there were many tiny organisms that looked like small specs that were swimming around everywhere. 


In the Utricularia gibba one of the bladders had turned a purplish color and with the 10x objective I saw multiple organisms two of which looked like a Crustacea ostracod.


Compared to other observations there was not as much action but there are different things happening. Amblestegium is turning brown possibly dying but the other Utricularia gibba has green sections so it may still be alive. There is still the 2 food pellets and I added water after I had observed it and placed it back under the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment